Our little lady is growing up! Such a sad feeling to watch her go, and yet so exciting at the same time...
We picked out her new outfit weeks in advance. She wants to be sure that you notice her shoes.
Daddy had the day off and made her a special breakfast. Yes, scrambled eggs and toast are special around here... at breakfast time anyway. Did I mention that school starts way too early in the day for my taste?
It was pouring rain outside, so we took Sparkle right to the school instead of to the bus stop (yes, we're putting our 5 year old on the bus this year... yikes!). She was happy to go and walked right in. I had to steal my kiss when she wasn't looking.
After we dropped her off we met some new friends from Buzz' residency program at the zoo. First stop, the carousel!
Sunny was just as excited about showing off the dandilion that she found as she was about seeing the animals.
This monkey was just as impressed... they sat and looked at each other and the flower for over five minutes!
In an effort to make the experience authentic, our local zoo sells Fosters in the area of the zoo called "Australia"... not mine, I swear. :) What is mine, however, is the ever expanding belly just below the can. I'm 34 weeks today... getting close!
We left just in time to come home and meet Sparkle's bus. It was so good to see her, and to see that she was still smiling at the end of what she called "a very long day."
Well, it's off to bed for me. I've got a bus to meet in the morning, you know.
(I've got a huge backlog of stuff to post. Beware, it's coming!)
2 comments:
I didn't know you had a blog! Now I can watch a little more than FB allows.
Your house is beautiful and I'm glad you're settling in.
Can't wait to hear about baby #3.
Oh you have the cutest little belly! You look wonderful!
Post a Comment